What was your first Android device?

Hey all! New on here but have been High on Android for a while.
I think mine was the Nexus One running 2.0 right?. I loved/hated that lil trackball. Dug the boot load animation and backgrounds a lot back then. Rooted and installed some roms/themes etc, started learning novice superuser thangs.
It might be around in a graveyard somewhere :face_with_raised_eyebrow:.
My how far we’ve come and will go!
So what was your first Android device?

2 Likes

Yar me too! Nexus One was my first device for Android, before that it was the Palm Pre which I looooved. You can check out some of my tutorials I did for Nexus One at NexusOneHacks.net that’s where HighOnAndroid really began before I rebranded as HighOnAndroid eventually.

2 Likes

I had a Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 back in the time for about 200$ around 2010 did a heck lot of custom roming back then than I do it now.

3 Likes

Palm Trio was my phone just before!

1 Like

Hi everyone my first smartphone was a samsung rugby pro from att, I got it cuz of work my father in law still has it to this day and it still works lol

I think mine was the Motorola droid x, Then Galaxy s2 skyrocket. My wife at the time said “ooo its so big” ! :rofl: :wink:. Had the first Iphone, was incredible at the time, I HATED Itunes, always crashing when I was trying to load music and some early podcasters before going to work, took hours. We are so fortunate now. Still using one of my g900ts s5 256sd card custom havoc rom, no google, root. Full control…Nice! Before that s5active, safe strap to root cause att is as bad as verizion on locking things down to data harvest. Actually it was Max’s video on putting oreo on a cheep s5 that got me enjoying my 100$ custom rom phone!! No case everything works well but the head phone jack so switched it out to a white one, then wanted to mess around with more roms so got a black one with a stock sammy flip cover. It works well, better than friends 1000$ phone with verizion/att bloat crap. Cameras not as awesome as these newer phone, still works very well!! And I have 2 back ups and a new 500$ xcover pro not being used. Hopefully Max and community can help with custom GSI install on that devise. But “ITS so BIG” lol
Kick ass “folks” Stay High!

1 Like

Good stuff bro!

1 Like

My first android device was a samsung galaxy young S6310

2 Likes

My first Android phone was THE first Android phone. I had the T-Mobile G1 aka HTC Dream. And that was the start of my love affair with Android, even though the phone was super buggy. Lol
My first one that I really liked the phone as a whole was the first gen Motorola Droid and it’s what I started learning to develop Android on. Dang, it doesn’t seem like I’ve been developing and modding Android for 11 years. Haha

1 Like

Hello, new here. My first Android phone was the HTC hero on sprint. Really enjoyed that phone.

I miss HTC pretty much being the king of Android. They made some really good devices. One of my favorites was the HTC Evo 3D. It was so ahead of its time.

1 Like

samsung galaxy s! circa 2011 :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for helping out we appreciate it bro​:grin::grin::+1::+1:

2 Likes

I’m trying to help out where I can.

2 Likes

Ur doing a great job sense I work a lot of hours all week long when I get home I’m very tired a lot of times​:grin::grin:

2 Likes

I definitely understand how that is.

2 Likes

Sorry I have been a little busy but will try to get back on the wagon here.

1 Like

No worries, it’s been smooth sailing on the site.

1 Like