What kind of add ons do you use in your browser?

I was wondering about this the other day what was the perfect combo of addons for in my case firefox browser when it comes to internet privacy and nicer web browsing.

Here are all of mine.

privacy badger
decentreleyes
ublock
ghostery
httpseverywhere
i dont care about cookies
cookie auto delete
privacypossum
clearurls
duckduckgoprivacy essentials
disconnect

=========these are for usefull for me=================
internetdownloadmanager
mal-sync
sponsorblock

I showed you mine now show me yours …

Edit: any recommendations or critic also welcome

1 Like

How about:

&

1 Like

Tor is a lil overkill might as wel use tails aswell … i am mean i am not trying to hire a assasin on the dark web or anything ahahhaha

just for the browser you know ? what plugins do you use blues ?

1 Like

&

1 Like

Have you ever tried Brave Browser? It’s built off of Chromium and has really powerful pop-up, ad and tracking blockers built in. By default it even blocks all adds in YouTube videos. I use it as my default browser on my Windows PC and all of my phone’s.

1 Like

Brave is chromium based i refuse to join others in helping create another monopoly (it kinda already is) i guess people have forgotten the days of internet explorer monopoly …

It pains me to see Firefox slowly dying (it is slowly losing users) it is not perfect or anything far from it but in my opinion it beats the alternative.

Using Brave Browser isn’t helping create a monopoly at all. Chromium is completely open source and is actually one of the few good things that Google has left. And on top of that, the guys that built Brave Browser are pretty much giving Google the middle finger by building in all the tracking and ad blockers. Google can’t make money from ads on a web browser that they originally created. Lol
If that’s not satisfying then I don’t know what is. :man_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

They could have done the same with firefox? also once their market share reaches surtent hights they wont test surtent things anymore on firefox only chromium there is a very interesting video about it beter then i can explain i can link you if you would like ?

Yeah there’s issues with the original Chromium, like it being fully controlled by Google and has data collection and stuff, but that’s not how Brave Browser functions. The two guys who built Brave Software are Brendan Eich, who is the co-founder of Mozilla Firefox and he built the code for and invented JavaScript. The other guy who is the lead developer of Brave Software is Brian Bondy, who also worked at Mozilla. He was the senior Firefox platform engineer and designed Linux software for the Army Simulation Centre. Those two stripped and rebuilt Chromium’s base platform to be secure and not tied to Google or its update channels, they build the updates themselves.
Trust me, just go on YouTube and search Top 5 best and most secure browsers. That’s how I found out about Brave and started researching it some.

1 Like

I did not know that former co founder of firefox made it i wonder why he did not just use firefox as a base then ? is chromium that much better?

here is a difrent perspective

I haven’t used base Chromium that much so I don’t really know how it compares to Firefox, but I do like Brave Browser more. And I used Firefox religiously for years with Video Downloader Pro, CocoCut and Ad Block Plus add-ons.

1 Like

Why did you decided to ditch firefox ? was it because of that stupid thing they said a while ago ?

Did you watch the video>? what do you think about that

The reason I got away from Firefox was because a lot of the blocker add-ons started misbehaving and some all out wouldn’t work. I just happened to come across Brave and read up on how they pretty much shut down all of the Chromium trackers when they built it. And it having all of the built on ad blockers and privacy settings was the big selling point. And knowing the guys knew what they were doing didn’t hurt at all. Lol

2 Likes

I see well that clears that up and uh did you watch the video ?

2 Likes

Yes I’ve seen the video, and really Mozilla is at fault for the fall of Firefox and nobody else. It’s their fault that the majority of browsers are based on Chromium, because they waited too long to even bother to try and catch up.

2 Likes

Still it would be bad to go under dont you think?

1 Like