Hey so i have here a dell latitude E6530 when starting up it says something about a bittlocker code ? which i do not have nor ever set up apparently this is a problem that happens often as far as i can tell online.
Now i been at this for 2 days now and have followed all kinds of howto’s but they often don’t look exactly like mine and i have zero experience with bios things.
then i found this one which kinda looks like mine with the exception of it only says tpm and not tpm 2.0 security and i set it up just like this.
*** Attention:** The below procedure applies only on Dell laptops. If you don’t have a Dell laptop, then skip to Step-4.
If you cannot find the bitlocker recovery key, from your MS account, and the Bitlocker recovery key prompt, appeared after a BIOS update, then:
1. Power on your laptop.
2. When you see the Dell logo, press continuously the F2 key to enter BIOS Setup.
3. At Boot Sequence options, select UEFI and click Apply.
4. At Security options, select the TPM 2.0 Security and set it to Enable. Then click Apply again.
5. At Secure Boot options, set the Secure Boot to Enable and click Apply.
6. Click Exit to restart the system and see if you can boot to Windows.
This sadly did not help I’m at a loss here any help would be greatly appreciated.
@gregoryaul your our windows guy this more your thing fyi it is running windows 7
Edit:is there anyway i can install windows 10 without having a serial code ? that seems also a solution.