A tried to root my Galaxy S8 (G950F) using this video: How to Root Galaxy S8/S8+ on Android 9.0 Pie! - YouTube
Everything seemed to work just fine, until I rebooted the phone to fix magisk issue (timestamp: How to Root Galaxy S8/S8+ on Android 9.0 Pie! - YouTube)
But then I got a message on the top of my screen, above the samsung logo: ‘only official released binaries are allowed to be flashed’
Then I tried to enter download mode and tried to flash twrp again, but I got the same message in the log.
Now I’m downloading the official binaries (it’s super slow) and I’ll try to flash those.
Is there anything I can do to get this to work?
Odin ver: Odin3_v3.13.1
Thank you in advance!!!
UPDATE: I don’t know what to do now, but I tried to flash the official files mentioned above and this is what happened:
- it started downloading then the previous unofficial message popped up
- I tried to reboot it and it entered this strange mode: ‘an error occurred while updating the device software. Use the Emergency recovery function in the smart switch pc software.’
- I tried to flash the bootloader in odin (success)
- now I’m in the official Android Recovery menu: I rebooted into download mode
- I flashed the AP and booted into android successfully
So now the real question: Could you please help me root this phone or should I be happy that I got my os back and never try it again?