Qeustion about twrp

So i was wondering say u have a older version of twrp u use it to flash android 10 custom rom u are waiting for android 11 to be stable innoff for everyday use and then flash android 11 however u still have twrp for android 10 what do you do ?

I know u can update using twrp itsellf ? but what if your twrp is the one that was adjusted by the guy who made the custom rom? wil that update stil work that way or doesnt it work at all? what is is best way here to update to a newer version of twrp or older version? even if it is tinkered with?

2 Likes

The twrp usually is ajusted for newer versions of roms then the dev just makes sure his rom is compatible to it. Android 11 is stable the costume part we like to do has been changed by google the way android 11 works is different than all other versions

2 Likes

U can just flash the new version of twrp with twrp then reboot recovery :+1:

2 Likes

So i never understood why the develepor of a custom rom makes his own recovery version ?
i stil dont understand ?

1 Like

I ran across this today. Maybe it fills in or adds to knowledge.

Problem I have encountered in the past, is some devices will not work with the latest version of TWRP and I had to keep trying previous versions until finding the latest version that would boot.

1 Like

They explain on the how to update twrp only. if u have a official twrp download offical latest version or unofficial latest from xda but not why?

well techniclly they did sorta unofficial gets made faster then offical cause people test them and report problems while offical waits until it is stable to relase on their site
but hwy wouldnt a new update from offical work with unoffical exactlly ?

sorry i am bit slow sometimes…

Edit: hypothetical qeustion
Say you have a official twrp but then need to switch to unofficial can u do that without having to flash official rom to wipe it?

1 Like