Pixel 2 won't boot into anything, not even recovery!

Hey internet people, first post here!

I’ve been tinkering with my newly purchased, used pixel 2. The goal here was to install a custom ROM with no google anything and to try to make it my daily phone.

I followed, rather badly, instructions on this site to flash the os back to Android 10 before trying other ROMs. Through a series of steps that I can’t remember, the phone will ONLY boot into boot loader. I mean literally NOTHING else will boot, not even recovery mode. I can’t even turn the thing off!

I let it run out of battery overnight so I could boot it from off, no difference.

The Bootloader displays all the usual Bootloader, Baseband, Serial Number, UFS, DRAM as well as:
Product Revision: walleye MP1
Boot-slot: b
Console: DISABLED
Secure Boot: yes (PRODUCTION)
Device State: unlocked

I haven’t been able to find anything like this situation elsewhere on the web. Other people talk about a loop involving a Samsung logo; I don’t get that. I don’t get anything, ever. Only bootloader. Whether I go to Restart bootloader or Recovery mode I get the same behaviour: screen goes black for about 3 seconds then returns to bootloader.

Thanks in advance for any interest in my problem!

1 Like

Use google.firmwares to use Android flash tool to flash back stock Android 10 or 11make sure u uncheck rest and lock to keep unlocked

1 Like

Yes the firmware is not working correctly

1 Like

Also never flash anything to inactive slot

1 Like

To determine active slot:)

fastboot getvar current-slot

1 Like

Thanks for the replies gents. Googles Factory images page browser installer solved it. I’d love to know how I could have done it with adb though. Any leads?

1 Like

Adb flash system ut this method could be tough

1 Like