Oneplus 8 pro with custom rom

Good night guys.
Is anyone using oneplus 8 or 8 pro with custom rom Installed ? Want to know about the camera quality, is it better than stock or same ?)

1 Like

You would get better Quality depending on the ROM. But its more of the Camera App your using than ROM. There is a GCAM out that allows you to use all the lenses on the 8 or 8pro. But I found that I really enjoy the Stock Camera app and could not find a way to install the APK into all the ROMs i tried. So not I’m just on Stock with Root. Which is perfectly fine for me!

1 Like

Thank you for you’re reply.
Interesting,.i thought that gcam on oneplus custom rom would be just as good or better than stock.
Still can’t decide between oneplus or Xiaomi .

1 Like

OnePlus 100%. Impossible to brick when flashing ROMs. If you have the MSM tool you can just start from scratch.

1 Like

Ok sounds good . I guess camera quality from Xiaomi with custom rom and gcam would be basically the same.

1 Like

Same with OnePlus, I just prefer Stock Camera Interface

1 Like

Good to know. Thanks

1 Like

I have experience with a custom ROM for my 6T. Tbh camera quality should be the same, but the main difference you should consider are: the features, closeness to pixel and the stability of that custom ROM.
Battery life varies, but stability and support is most important for me. Resurrection Remix is a feature ROM, Pixel Experience is basically pixel UI for non Pixel phones and Evolution X is a great stable ROM with quite a bit of features.
The main reason to switch to a Custom ROM is having frequent updates, features, Google recognising your device as a Pixel to get Pixel features like (you get free unlimited photos + videos for Google Photos beyond June 2021), getting new pixel features when they come out and longevity depending on maintainer + Custom ROM support. These main reasons apply for all custom ROMs not OOS ports.
Like on my 6T I’m on A11 with April Security patch where for OOS it’s A10 with February security patch. I hope this helps

1 Like

Good points to think about, thank you very much .

1 Like