OnePlus 8 Hard Brick MSM Fail, Bootloader Locked

Hey everybody, Just curious I recently bought a OnePlus 8 on eBay however when it arrived it was stuck in the bootloader. I tried to use the MSM tool which did finish however once it completed I was greeted with an error on the phone saying “your device is corrupted and cannot be trusted and will not boot” which then placed me back into the bootloader brick, After more digging I found that the bootloader must have not been unlocked beforehand meaning I CAN access fastboot but CANNOT enter any commands such as fastboot OEM unlock without errors.
I am kindly asking if their is a solution for this or am I screwed, thanks in advance.

1 Like

You can still use MSM tool to unbrick, did you try the unbrick tool already?

1 Like

Sure did Ill show you exactly what the error looks like on my device after MSM tool completes. http://imgur.com/gallery/3XAxp9u

2 Likes

I wonder if this “your device is corrupted” message will appear if you try to use the msm download tool on a T-Mobile OnePlus 8 instead of the T-Mobile version MSM Download tool? @Zedomax

Lol that’s normal for any oneplus phone with custom ROM.

1 Like

Just got in contact with oneplus they believe it is a storage hardware problem.

2 Likes

Yeah that could be it too. So bootloader unlocked? If you can flash twrp, you can usually format internal storage and fix it.

1 Like

Nah bootloader locked. hence why i cant use twrp or adb

1 Like

It could be some idiot put a custom rom, internal storage got corrupt then locked the bootloader

1 Like

But flashing with MSM tool auto relock your bootloader.

1 Like

Yeah feeling pretty pissed as you can imagine, best I can do is try get a few bucks selling it.

But when you got it, it was in fastboot mode?

See if you can boot into fastboot mode.

Yeah can boot into fastboot, cant execute any commands though because bootloader was locked.

You should still be able to flash stock firmware I think. I will try to upload the new fastboot brick tool.

Unfortunaetly just keeps kicking me into same screen. saying my device cant be trusted and wont boot then immediately gets into bootloader again.

I’ll test your tool if you would like and give you the results.

My Oneplus 8 have same problem
Yestaday I upgrade Oneplus 8 IN2010 OxygenOS International to 11 and working just fine
But I regret it because there is no root
So I flash official rollback package from:https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/oxygenos-11-for-the-oneplus-8-pro-and-oneplus-8.1312654/
After local package flash,I reboot my phone and this thing happened
When it displays the oneplus logo, it becomes a black screen instead of a boot animation
I tried using twrp to flash OxygenOS,no error but still black screen
I tried many different versions with MSM tool
But there is no way to solve my problem
I tried to talk to oneplus service staff online
But because I was in Taiwan, they couldn’t perform the session with China region?
Taiwan is not even part of China!(Digress
Anyway, I regret disappointed and sad now
I really hope I can save my phone

1 Like

Yeah I hope so too lol, but I have doubts.

1 Like

Yeah clean all and lock box