Oneplus 8 Android 11 Root

I have oneplus 8 IN2015 varient. I bought it directly from oneplus for use on the Tmobile network. I rooted android 10 successfully using your tutorial and have done a few updates by using the oxygen updater app with magisk like you did in your tutorial. I woke up this morning and immediately installed the new update for android 11 the same way I had previously done all of the other android 10 updates. After my phone restarted I was surprised to see I did not have root. I tried to do the patched boot img like you did with android 10 with the new update but I have been unsuccessful. Anyone able to figure it out?

2 Likes

I should have an update soon

2 Likes

Are all your permissions correct via adb make sure your usb configuration is set to file transfer then use payload dumber to extract the payload.bin file it should root just fine ,but I’ve done that before cuz I just forgot about usb configuration lol

Yes I did it the same way I had rooted it before. Have you got it working on android 11?

1 Like

Yes I did using my pixel4xl

Interesting. I know I had my toggled and I copied the file over and it was a different size than the previous one that was in the folder from before.

1 Like

I got my op8 pro rooted whennim on android 11 beta 2 version

1 Like