Mixed feelings here

This the first forum that I have belonged to. I’m not sure what to make of it. I was under the impression that, these are the places where people with like interests share info and the more experienced could help the struggling noobie’s. I joined around 5 days back. Shared some of my experiences with these wonderful tools/ machines/computers, the list goes on to describe the Android phone. I’m struggling with trying to fix the boot looping on my V20 h910. I asked for some info to steer me in the right direction. I’m really disappointed that there wasn’t a response. I came here because Max has a wonderful talent of explaining things in layman’s terms, that us noobie’s understand.
I wouldn’t have been able to root and install Android 9 pie without his easy to follow video. But my att V20 was and still is a nasty bear to work with. I’m tired of searching without help.
Then I’m not able to afford a replacement V20. I look forward to some replies. Thanks.

Hey mate, unfortunately whilst this is a valiant attempt by HighOnAndroid to create a forum to compliment his excellent YT channel and web blogs, it hasn’t really taken off sadly. Hopefully it will grow and become a great place for people like you seeking assistance.

I think your best bet is to sign up to XDA Developers forums. I have been a member for 13 years and it has grown into a massive online resource for experts and newbies alike for the sort of query you have here.

Don’t give up on this forum though, it’s early days.

Hope that helps ツ

Agree that while it’s a noble attempt, it ain’t no xda-developers (yet??) It could take a year or more to gain a critical mass of members/posters to really be useful. Or it may never take off, and just sort of fizzle instead. It would help if Max himself would jump in a little more, but I guess he’s too busy with his other endeavors.

I recently learned about another chat medium called telegram. Everyone saying that telegram is a little friendlier than xda-dev, but I’m having trouble finding what I’m looking for there. No browse function that I can see, and search function is confusing and yields few results. It seems like you have to know exactly what you’re looking for before you start looking for it. Anyone else who has experience with telegram, would love to hear thoughts on it.

Oh and there’s also howardforums, if they’re still around. Haven’t even checked in there for quite a while.

If you had a different version of the V20 you could flash the factory image, but there isn’t one available for the AT&T one.
You could try to “hard reset” it. Be aware this will wipe your phone, but in the state it is in I don’t think you’ll mind that.

So:
Press and hold the Power and Volume down buttons.

When the LG logo appears, quickly release and then re-hold the Power button while continuing to hold the Volume down button.

When “Factory data reset” appears, use the Volume down button to highlight Yes.

Press the Power button to confirm.

When prompted to “Erase all user data and restore default settings,” use the Volume down button to highlight Yes.

Press the Power button to reset the device.

Thanks for your input Kydar. I too found XDA not that friendly. I will check out Telegram. Hopefully they can steer me in the right direction.

Thanks for your response Gadgetonomy. I agree with you on this Forum. I signed up here because Max has some interesting stuff here, I was intrigued by the rooting of my old Oneplus 2. It worked reasonably well. Then decided to bite the bullet and followed the tutorial on th V20.
I’ll be back from time to time. Right now, I have to focus on my V20, as it was my main phone. The Oneplus 2 is the backup.

Thanks xunholyx for your info. I am familiar with the hard reset, using Volume down and power buttons. I did it and it was followed by the kernel crash and then ram dump mode. Used the LG flash tool, the kdz unbrick tool and others from XDA. It always ends up at the crash and ram dump mode. I found not much from help there too.