Lineage 17.1 on Moto G7 no 4G LTE will Lineage OS 18 fix this?

There is a Known bug for Verizon and sprint users of the Moto G7 flavor that install android 10 of any kind and it breaks the 4G LTE and causes it to lose all 4G LTE connectivity. I have tried all Android 10 version including Lineage 17.1 and I was wondering is GSI Lineage OS 18 would fix this. would the A/B Lineage 18 OS version work on a moto G7 and or has anyone tried to install it on one and how did you do it?

4G LTE works on a moto G7 when the stock android 9 version is installed but gets broken with any android 10 flavor installed.

1 Like

You have to change network to 4G LTE from 3G. I thought it was the GSI also but GSI defaults to 3G so you have to switch it to 4G LTE under network settings.

2 Likes

Lol I thought the same when I installed gsi for the first time😃

1 Like

this has been known and reported for months by users and Lenova/Motorola and is an ongoing issue for moto G7 android 10 upgraded users with verizon and sprint and has not been resolved yet. Its pissing off alot of these people because they have not fixed it yet. when android 10 of any version is installed the type of network is changed to prefer LTE and still wont work. This bug has affected my moto G7 and I need a resolution other than rolling back to android 9 which i had to do until there is a fix. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/moto-g7-play-moto-g7-moto-g7-power-moto-g7-plus/Lost-LTE-on-Verizon-after-Android-10-upgrade-on-Moto-G7/m-p/5027508?page=1

Has anyone installed gsi lineage os 18 on a moto g7 and does it resolve the LTE issue it has with android 10? I also would like to know if gsi android 10 would resolve the moto g7 LTE issue as well?

It must be Lenovo Motorola related then.

2 Likes

someone suggested that it may be android 10 blobs are broken for the moto g7. if this is correct how would i resolve this? is it possible to use android 9 blobs and which blobs would affect the 4g LTE connection?

1 Like

Did I check ur apns make sure they r correct also just asking

1 Like

Just one setting off or not correct could make u lose lte etc

1 Like

The apn could not be auto updating correctly??

1 Like

yes sir. thank you for replying. I have checked all apn settings. I have also imported working apn settings from an apn.xml file from android 9 into android 10 lineage os 17.1 to make sure it was correct. that file is used when you restore to default. ive also added manually through the setting on the phone by typing them in meticulously.

2 Likes

Ok that’s good. It still no luck??

1 Like

It must be a hardware bug if everything is correct and I still have no lte it must be something with Verizon blocking it cuz of unknown device issue

1 Like

I think t mobile dose that crap to on older devices I just made a vid on my op5 everything work fine except lte u go to mobile network and auto connect then I’d disconnects I did that all day one I was pissed lol

1 Like

do yo uthink if it was hardware issue it would not have LTE in android 9? i rolled back to android 9 and LTE works great. android 10 is the only thing so i was thinking that its an android 10 blob issue. i just need all the android 10 features that android 9 does not have. too many to list.

1 Like

Ok maybe not hardware but a software bug that’s breaking the lte in the phone with software incompatibility something on android 10 is just not right it could be that the lte band on android 10.is not the same as android 9

1 Like

I think they’re maybe some android 9 roms with android 10 feature, also did u just try on custom rom??

1 Like

Hmm, that’s odd. My neighbor has a Moto G7 Power through Xfinity and it uses Verizon. It updated to Android 10 a couple of weeks ago and LTE works perfectly on it.

1 Like

apparently its only affecting non retail versions with either google fi or text now or a service like it. im not sure what like service uses verizon phones though but text now uses the sprint towers.