Lg v50 thinq 5g auto shutdown after 5 seconds if unused

Hi There, I hope you had a wonderful day.
I am addressing this weird problem on my LG V50 ThinQ 5G (Korean Variant Android Q). It is so sudden when my device were automically turned off after 5 seconds if it is unused. I booted to recovery to see if it will turned off after 5 seconds and it didn’t. My problem is I cannot access the phone because I enabled the “Secure Start-up” and everytime I tried after 5 seconds it will shutdown. I tried pressing any random numbers just to make the phone alive and keep the ringtone high. Can you please help me to solve this problem without deleting my data(photos, contacts and messages).

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

Try booting in Safe Mode. This may help to troubleshoot.

LG ANDROID SAFE MODE

Press and hold the Power button (upper-right edge) until the ‘Power off’ prompt appears on the screen then release.

An alternate method is available if the device can be powered on and is responsive.

1. Ensure the device is powered off.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Down button and the Power button until the ‘System recovery’ screen displays then release both buttons.

Another link: LG V50 ThinQ 5G Safe Mode - Android Settings

Hope this helps you start the process. I am hopeful there will be more input:)

2 Likes

I tried booting to safe mode, but the problem still exists. the only way I see to resolve this problem is flashing the firmware via LGUP.

2 Likes

Try searching and posting here: LG V50 ThinQ | XDA Forums
or any place relevant within the XDA forums before you wipe things completely.

Best to you!

2 Likes