I can't boot into the twrp recovery mode

Hey guys, recently I wanted to root my phone (Galaxy s8+, SM-955F), but I can’t seem to load into the twrp recovery mode. I have odin and twrp installed and I even have oem unlocking and usb debugging enabled, but for some reason when I start odin when in recovery mode the screen doesn’t turn black, instead it just stays like that. Do you guys have any tips?
Edit: I finally managed to get the screen to turn black, but it just boots into the default samsung recovery mode

1 Like

Do you mean Download Mode? You don’t use the recovery while using Odin. You need to place your phone into Download Mode, hook it up to your computer and then launch Odin. It should now connect to a Com port in Odin. And if your phone boots to the stock recovery, that means TWRP isn’t installed on it, as it replaces the stock recovery.
Also, have you unlocked the bootloader on your phone?

1 Like

If your only trying to enter recovery, turn off your phone. Now hold the Bixby button, Volume up and power at the same time. Right when the phone powers on release the power button and continue holding Bixby and Volume up. When you see the Android logo, release all buttons and it will be in the Recovery.

For Download Mode, turn off your phone and then hold the Bixby button, Volume down and power. Release all buttons when Download Mode boots.

1 Like