How to Unlock Bootloader on ANY Android! [Android Root 101 #1]

Originally published at: http://highonandroid.com/android-root-101/how-to-unlock-bootloader-on-any-android-android-root-101-1/

Want to root your Android smartphone or tablet? Want to install TWRP recovery and enjoy loads of custom ROMs available today for your Android device? Well, if so, in this tutorial I show you how to do exactly that starting with unlocking the bootloader. Before you can install TWRP recovery or install custom ROMs on…

Video Tutorial:

Yes that is what we are doing, unlocking oem or the bootloader.

Sorry to be specific. I tried to root but did a mistake. So I flash back to latest Samsung official ROM. So now I don’t have the OEM unlock. This method able to solve or wait 7 days ???

Yes if you have any of newer Galaxy devices. What device do you have?

S8+ exynos G955FD do I need to wait for 7 days?

Yes, you will have to wait 7 days for all Galaxy phones that are newer than Galaxy Note 8.

Just to check this the firmware I installed. Just wait for 7 days OEM unlock will be shown?

max, will this method work for LG VS990 (verizon lg v10)

Yes you have to wait 7 days. Follow the Note 8 root guide when u see it.

Not this one no. I think I answered your question already?

With the Pixel devices and the Essential PH1, you have to do fastboot flashing unlock_critical as well as fastboot flashing unlock
You should probably add that to the tutorial.

Yes you don’t need to do that for rooting but you do need it anytime you want to flash a new bootloader or unrooting with stock firmware. I will add that though.

Hi
I tried this on my Vodafone Smart Platinum 7 VFD 900. I get the error " FAILED (remote: oem unlock is not allowed) "
Does this mean there is no way for me to unlock bootloader on this device?

Did you enable OEM Unlock?

I looked but my phone doesn’t have option to enable OEM unlock

You may have to wait 7 days and if you don’t see it then it might have locked bootloader.

Thanks for the feedback.

hey man i follow your step but after i use command adb reboot bootloader
my phone just turn off like charging when phone off

What phone do you have bro?

i have oppo F7 can you give any suggestion ?