How to Root Pixel 4a!

In this tutorial, we are going to show you how to root the Pixel 4a!

This will work on BOTH Android 10 and 11!

Step 1. Make sure to unlock the bootloader on your phone by follow our tutorial on how to unlock the bootloader on Pixel 4a:

Step 2. Download and install Magisk Canary Debug verison:
https://greg.highonandroid.com/file/Tools/magjsk%20manager%20apk’s/Magisk-Canary-Android-11.apk.html

Make sure you use above version especially for Android 11 as SafetyNet will not pass wtihout it.

Install the APK file.

Step 3. Check your firmware and download the EXACT SAME firmware from Google’s firmware site. If you don’t know how to do this, see my video tutorial.
https://developers.google.com/android/images

Step 4. Once downloaded, unzip the stock firmware and find boot.img. Copy that boot.img file to your phone.

Step 5. Open up Magisk. Install and select “patch and install” and select the “boot.img”.

Step 6. Once done, check your Download folder and you will see the magisk patched boot.img. Copy this over to the fastboot folder in your computer.

Step 7. Open a command prompt and type:

For Windows:
cd Downloads
cd fastboot
fastboot flash boot magiskboot.img

For Linux:
cd Downloads
cd fastboot
chmod 755
sudo ./fastboot-linux flash boot magiskboot.img

For Mac:
cd Downloads
cd fastboot
chmod 755
./fastboot-mac flash boot magiskboot.img

Video Tutorial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VckfedUCx7Q

2 Likes

Very nice max

2 Likes

Thank you fren!

2 Likes

Yep no prob bob​:grin::grin:

1 Like

I followed the steps mentioned in the video above on YouTube and I couldnt get my device to recognize or boot properly with Magisk or was unable to root. I’m on Android 11 and have the september update installed. When I followed along I got to the bootloader page where I was stuck with “no valid boot state” 3 times. The way I was able to get out of that state was to flash all.bat firmware that matches my current firmware. Is there something I’m missing or is root harder on Android 11?

2 Likes

Double check you are using the same firmware, that could be why.

3 Likes

Yes you must be absolutely sure u have the correct files it happened to me many times hehe

1 Like

I downgraded to android 10 and was able to gain root as showed in the video then I ran magiskhide module to pass the safety Attestation. Thank you sir!

Love your videos by the way!

2 Likes

I have the pixel 4a running 11. I rooted it using this tutorial but even using Magiskhide the safety net is still failing ctsProfile.

3 Likes

You may have to wait a day. But make sure to set channel to canary or beta and try again.

2 Likes

I was thinking about going back to 10 and trying again
Because it worked for bre4ded
Thank you for all your vids always a great watch always learning new things from your content

3 Likes

So while on lunch I downloaded Magiskhide props config
And changed my fingerprint to pixel 3a and now pass safety net is this a good way to pass safety net

Edit
I’m still on 11 forgot to put that lol

3 Likes

Oh noice find!!! Good job.b.b.

2 Likes

Nice job congrats

2 Likes

I’ve gotten to the stage where I have to patch magisk on the phone, but the app manager is stuck on “Loading…”
I’ve changed the update channel to Canary (Debug) but stick stuck on “Loading…”
Any help will be appreciated, thanks

2 Likes

Make sure internet is connected.

3 Likes

Thanks, worked! :+1:

2 Likes