How to Root Galaxy Note 9!

Originally published at: http://highonandroid.com/android-root/how-to-root-galaxy-note-9/

In this tutorial, I am going to show you how to root the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 easily and quickly using a few tools like ODIN, Magisk, and TWRP recovery. Note: Rooting your Samsung device will VOID WARRANTY, PERMANENTLY disable Samsung Pay and Secure Folder! Step 1. Check under Settings->About Phone to see the “Model…

Video Tutorial here:

Mine got stuck in the flashing screen, any particular reason ? It refuses to move on to this screen…

Just try it again, make sure to not use the back button, sometimes aroma installer freezes if you ever use the back button.

After rooting my sim card is not dedected how to fix that

sim slot is no longer working

I have same issue. Would you know how to fix or unroot? Thanks

You can use ODIN and stock firmware and see if it fixes it. But usually you can fix it by flashing No Verify Encrypt zip with TWRP.

Mine stuck when unzipping the N9_S9_Root_for_OEM_issue_devices_V3.
Please advice how to fix or exit out of the twrp recovery mode and back to original Android os if possible.

Thanks.

Hold down Volume Down + Power for about 8 seconds until you see phone reboot, immediately hold down Volume Up, Bixby, and Power buttons to reboot into TWRP.

Mine stuck when unzipping the N9_S9_Root_for_OEM_issue_devices_V3.
Please advice how to fix this glitch while unzipping.

Thanks.

Ive tried multiple times to get it working… still no luck

Mine also stuck when unzipping the N9_S9_Root_for_OEM_issue_devices_V3.
Phone model is N9600.

Any update to make this work ?

You mean in TWRP? You shouldn’t have to unzip.

Max, are you getting OTA with magisk? I went and bought a snapdragon model. I’m one of the people that didn’t know. Looking for a deal on 960F/DS although I don’t need DS, I do need AT&T. TIA.

Hi Max,
I hope you can help me. I have a N960F/DS and I have followed every step. My issue is the phone before would show T-Mobile 4G, but now it shows no service and IMEI and BASEBAND VERSION is UNKNOWN. I am wondering did I miss a step or was there a patch or update I may have missed? Your time is appreciated.

you can grab international for at&t. No need to grab u.s. model.

? I believe this reply is not for me. I was just curious if you knew of an update or patch I may need now.

I hope you can help me. I have a N960F/DS and I have followed every step. My issue is the phone before would show T-Mobile 4G, but now it shows no service and IMEI and BASEBAND VERSION is UNKNOWN. I am wondering did I miss a step or was there a patch or update I may have missed? Your time is appreciated.

You mean the n-9600? It has more bands than any other model, I think. Why did you pick the F/DS? If you had to do it all over again, would you pick a different model?