HighOnAndroid Universal Auto GSI Installer Script for Pixel 3, 3 XL, 3a, 3a XL, 4, 4 XL, and 4a!

I have been working on a Universal Auto GSI installer script that will currently work with Pixel 3, 3 XL, 3a, 3a XL, 4, 4 XL, and 4a.(Later will support more phones)

In this tutorial, I show you how easy it is to install a GSI ROM using my HighOnAndroid Universal Auto GSI Installer script that can be used on r Pixel 3, 3 XL, 3a, 3a XL, 4, 4 XL, and 4a. And would also work on any phones that have Android 10 “fastbootd”, AB Slot Treble support and on Android 10 firmware.

To check if you have “fastbootd”, boot into regular fastboot and type, “fastboot reboot fastboot”. If it boots into “fastbootd” screen, you will also be able to use this script fine.

Video demo:

You can simply drop this script in a folder along with fastboot files and any GSI image file you want to install.

Step 1. Make sure to flash Android 10 stock firmware, you can flash any Android 10. It will NOT WORK on Android 11, so if your already on Android 11, follow my tutorial on how to manually flash stock firmware and flash the last Android 10 firmware:

Step 2. Make sure to unlock your bootloader, follow my universal guide here:

Step 3. Download HighOnAndroidGSIAutoInstaller_AB_V1.zip and and the GSI image file you want to install.

Step 4. Unzip theHighOnAndroidGSIAutoInstaller_AB_V1.zip, you should get a folder called HighOnAndroidGSIAutoInstaller_AB_V1.

Copy the GSI img file into the new folder. Make sure your GSI file is in “img” format. If it’s in “img.xz”, “img.7zip”, or “img.zip” you will first have to extract it into an img file and copy over.

DownloadHighOnAndroidGSIAutoInstaller_AB_V1.zip:

Downloading any Android 10 GSI file here:

Step 5. Run the HighOnAndroidGSIAutoInstaller.bat by double-clicking on it.

Step 6. It will ask you for the image filename, copy and paste the image name.

Step 7. If will find out what the active current slot is on your device. If it says, “a”, type “a” and hit Enter and likewise with “b”. Use lowercase as otherwise it will break the script.

Step 8. After that, the Auto GSI Installer should install your ROM fully.

If something goes wrong, you can always start over, I recommend re-flashing Andrdoid 10 stock firmware and start from scratch.(https://forum.highonandroid.com/c/Universal-Android-Tutorials/19)

You can follow the manual method here also:

2 Likes

U r the man max great job

1 Like

You are the man Max thank you so much for being patient and helping me​:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Hi Does Soli and squeeze,90hrtz work on pixel 4xl GSI ROMs I am willing to give this a go but wanting to no which features I’ll be missing out on even tho I don’t use them.

2 Likes

The havoc gsi dose not work I have a pixel 4xl it didn’t work for me face unlock uses the camera,I sopose max could patch that stuff in the future it will take time to test

1 Like

90hz works but squeeze feature does not.

1 Like

@Zedomax

hey max nice work.

regarding PIXEL 3 XL

trying to figure out how to root these gsi roms but keep hitting dead ends. patching the stock boot always ends in bootloop and the test twrp image for pixel 3 xl only boots if you have formatted data not after the gsi has been flashed. your script is amazing just wondering if root is out of the question or maybe im missing something thanks

1 Like

i believe i might have found a method. i will make another script soon that includes magisk root.

1 Like

Great no rush have a safe trip thank you

1 Like