Help with always on display on havoc os on a50 when using a verified device fingerprint for safety net pass

Helllo everyone,
I have been trying to pass safety net on my galaxy a50. I followed max’s guide to install Havoc os on my phone. everytime i change the device fingerprint, the option for always on display automatically disappers. I want to use the always on display but it austomatically disables and the option disappears. Any input is appreciated.

2 Likes

it may be that the gsi is not yet compatible. Fingerprint works for my S10 but not my S9. Same with AOD. But stick around these GSI get better and fixed over time.

2 Likes

The Gsi works flawlessly. I didnt mean the fingerprint scanner. The device fingerprint to pass safety net. The one you get through magiskprops and terminal emulator

2 Likes

yeah fingerprint is broke on S9 for all GSI currently unfortunately, you can try a custom ROM like AICP which works.

2 Likes

As of now i am just sticking with havoc and going to say goodbye to google pay. Is there anyhting else the safety net is used for??

1 Like

you should be able to use google pay if safety net check passes but letme double check

2 Likes

I just confirmed Google Pay works fine after SafetyNet passing.

2 Likes

i am not using google pay anymore because i lose access to my always on display. Could you try and change the device fingerprint in magisk and see what features are disabled with each of them. for example. Go to configuration centre in settings after restoring to the stock device fingerprint that came with the gsi and turn aod on for the galaxy s10. Afterwards, change the device fingerprint and check if you lose access to the always on display or not.

It work ok as long as basic integrity passes

my phone passes basic itegrity when i check it in magisk but when i try and add a card in google pay, it says the card cannot be added because your phone is rooted or altered in some way

1 Like

Did you MagiskHide Google Pay?

Why don’t you try CrDroid GSI? I am currently using this and this GSI passes Safetynet out of the box without having to change device fingerprint. Also AOD works with Magisk and Google Pay. Yes, Google Pay works flawless on this one also.

Try CrDroid:

and let me know if it solves your problems.

1 Like

yes i did

i would love to but my fingerprint scanner will stop working. I did fix it in one way. I switched device fingerprint and added card to google pay and setup contactless. then i removed the fingerprint and went back to treble gsi fingerprint and the card was still there. worked great. Still have aod and google pay aswell

1 Like

Oh cool! Thanks for letting me know how you did it but try crdroid gsi next time.

1 Like

Hi Mr. Lee, I need Help. I want to install twrp. Which twrp do i have to use? Twrp.tar from the twrp site or the magisk patched twrp. Is there a downliad link for that? Sincerely Karl

Hey what device are you trying to root

Use TWRP first and flash magisk and see if it roots. If it doesn’t work you need to use magisk manager app to patch the twrp image then flash that as recovery image in twrp

1 Like

Hi Mr. Lee, thanks for answering. I have problems flashing twrp with odin. Do i use twrp.tar from twrp.me or do i have to patch twrp.img and turn into tar?

1 Like

Twrp.me yes.

1 Like