Galaxy Note 3 N900T hlte ROM & TRWP Upgrade Questions

Hi Max Lee - the Highness … wow, you are still at it and I love this site! It was your videos and instructions I used to install the Resurrection Remix ROM on my Note 3 back in 2016. Thank you so much for all you provide to the Andriod community! I never got rid of my Note 3 and with more time to tinker I’d like to upgrade it, but its been 5 years and I’m rusty on process. My Note 3 has Resurrection Remix Marshmallow 6.0.1_r52-MOB30R and TWRP 3.0.2-0 and I need to know what upgrade version of TWRP will allow me to upgrade to Resurrection Remix OS 8.6 “Based On Android 10” which I understand will no longer use SuperUser for root. When I go to the Resurrection download page (https://get.resurrectionremix.com/?dir=ten) I get lost becasue I don’t know what to pick. I have a Pixel that replaced my Note 3 and I know its “Sailfish” so which do I select from the Note 3 on this page. Can you give me a few pointers - like to a video or instruction set you created that will help me. Is there a better ROM - I’ve always liked the Remix ROM but I’m open to your suggestions. Many thanks - D’

2 Likes

Here are a couple of links to answer a couple of your questions about HLTE.

TWRP: https://twrp.me/samsung/samsunggalaxynote3qualcomm.html

Resurrection Remix: https://www.getdroidtips.com/resurrection-remix-galaxy-note-3-nougat/

The https://get.resurrectionremix.com/?dir=ten link does not have an official 10 release, only 9: https://get.resurrectionremix.com/?dir=pie/hlte

Hope this helps and welcome to the forum.

PS, make sure you are rooted before TWRP install, although it sounds like you are already.

2 Likes

@blueswerks Much appreciated. I did a quick review and this definitely is what I wanted. Thanks for taking time to reply. I’ll let you know what happens afterwards as a follow-up. :crossed_fingers::selfie:

1 Like

Thank you! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@blueswerks I installed both the TWRP and RR ROM upgrades without issue. But for some reason GApps continually fails. I’ve tried various GApp options but none work. Not not sure I like the look of the ROM in comparison to the customizations I had with the prior build. I guess I didn’t realize how customized my Note 3 was until I did the upgrade. Need to rethink this because it’s difficult to just let this pristine Note 3 go to the boneyard. Any ideas GApps ideas will be appreciated as I rather not sideload apps given that right now I have no Play Store? Thanks again - D’

1 Like

u can use an app called yalp it is an appstore witch gives u acces to all the apps in the googleplay store as an apk and without the need of an google accaunt.

1 Like

Is there an error code?

In the past, when Google Play had issues, I have used [

APKPure.com: Download APK free online downloader

](https://m.apkpure.com/)

Download apk for Android with APKPure APK downloader. NoAds, Faster apk downloads and apk file update speed. Best of all, it’s free.

@nemo
@blueswerks
Success - Yay! I got the Gapps installed and it was all my fault. HAHA I had the wrong build. I said I was a little rusty but I’m back thanks to the both of you! Thanks for your time and attention. D’

3 Likes

Nice! Thanks for letting us know.

1 Like

Great man and stick araund maybe make a thread to show what u have done with your phone custimazing wise.

I will also make one once i finaly flash my own this week.

2 Likes

I knew about this, thanks though. Good regards Clashmod

Hi nemo…thanks for your support…i would like to know if you flash your device…amd how. …can you share it with us?
Regards, kinemaster mod

1 Like

Yes great idea

1 Like

Hi isshiki welcome to the forum

Yes i did end up flashing my phone did not make thread like i said i would shame on me!
Been a little busy lately anyway what is it u would like to know exactly ? if i understood exactly how i did it ?

well i have a sony xperia xz1 compact
first i needed the latest official firmware wich i did

activated devolopers menu and selected oem unlocking and usb debugging.

in the case of sony phones u need a (unlock key) to be able to unlock the bootloader.
wich u can get from sony developers.sony.com site where u need to insert ur phones emeai number and then p[ress enter u get a unlock code copy that code and then u have 2 options one use insert the code.

1 download a program called flashtool for sony devices
it will allow u to do all kinds of stuf one of wich is to unlock the bootloader using the flashtool prgram and the unlock code.

method 2 is where u use adb fastboot wich is relatively simple it is scary in the beginning but u get used to it anyway to do it the fastbot way u need a set of commands and to enter the unlock code and thats it wel also before all this u need adb fastboot on your computer and the right drivers!

once u have unlocked the bootloader it is time for a custom recovery in my case i flashed twrp recovery wich is the most popular oen at this time i flashed it using adb fastboot commands.

now it is smooth sailing from here because now comes the fun part look for and try a rom u might like in my case i only had 3 options for my phone lineages os,crdroid,havoc sadly at the time of typing this crdroid its devlopment is stopped and linages os aswel except it stil gets security updates but no development for the rom itself some user was gracious innof to keep the security patches going.
in my case i loved crdroid fast looked good very energie efficient and crazy amount of customication rip now i have switched to havoc sadly it makes my phone act weird wether that is caus eof root or microg (more on this later) i dunno know cause i also tried it vanilla and it also acted weird.

once the rom is flashed
so now i am running havoc when i started all this i did not wanted to use google anymore so thats what i set out to do normally once u have flashed a custom rom using twrp u flash gapps wich means google applications so google play store and what not u have difrent gapps done by difrent people i dont know why though ? anyway once u go to the site for gapps u look wich package u need for ur phone meaning arm 64 or what not and choose the level of googleapps u want u have one with all the google apps and u have one that only comes with googleplay and everything inbetween it is ur choice.

In my case i did not do this i dotn want to use google anymore luckily for people like there is a alternitive called microg basicly they took the playstore and google services and cracked it open made it opensource and removed all the spy ware and bloat wich leaves u with a efficient lightweigt and secure package serieusly my batterie last much longer and my phone has no useless garbabdge on it really happy with microg wish more custom roms came with built in microg but lot of people dont care anyway.
Edit: u will need a appstore in my case that is aurora store it is a branche off yalpstore that i mentioned earlier in this thread it looks and works better and even allows u to download apps and install apps just like googleplay where u wont notice a difreance

i also rooted my phone using magisk u download magisk for their github change the name file and then flash it using twrp then u see a icon u click on it and downloads the app anyway this was a quike explenation on what i did exactly anyway qeustions please dotn hestitate to ask.

1 Like