[Closed/fixed] Backup app data without root and without using google

Is there a way to backup app data without root?

if no is it stil possible to root a phone with android 9 using root programs.
I alreayd tried 2 didnt work.
Reason being if i want to flash magisk i need to unlock bootloader but if i do that i lose my stuf … and having to reinstall all those apps and stuf saved inside is serieuslly tedious work

2 Likes

See if any of this applies, please. It starts here: TWRP Flash Pixel3

1 Like

U can use google pretty much backs up your phone and apps but not much personal files

2 Likes

I use a USB cable to backup important data from phone to computer or use Google Drive:) I store it on Google Drive for easy restore via wifi.

1 Like

Sorry i forgot to mention backup app data without using google
i already knew about that but is there a way to do it without using google services?
just the app data the rest is easy

Edit: edited the title for clearer info sorry

Edit2: Want to go without google pure android

1 Like

So, this is what you are going to do?

I am still searching for some answers how to backup app data without root. I ran across this article. Maybe it applies?

Best to you:)

1 Like

No geuss i give up and just use google drive.

One thing that worries me and that from the first link it says something along the lines of
some apps my not work without the playstore … wth ? is that a thing that some apps actuelly need the play store damn you google do you happen to have any experience with that blueswerks ?

1 Like

No, I do not, but ran across a couple of Reddit discussions.

1 Like

Great thanks for the links although stil unclear wich apps exactly act up only way to find out is to try i geuss.
Suposedlly not many apps act up just some i am geussing banking apps wil act up and thats a problem for em but i am going to try and check it out if not maybe try this so called microg.

1 Like

I will have to read some more about that:)

microG Project

1 Like

I found these explanations easy to understand help clear things up but also understand why not every custom rom comes standard with this

1 Like

1 Like