Bootloop (adb devices - unothorized)

i have my device on bootloop, and when i try to use “adb devices” on fastboot it says unothorized but my bootloader is already unlocked. is there a way to unlock this without going to developer options? i just want to flash the custom firmware via fastboot.

1 Like

What’s the phone and model? As long as your fastboot works in fastboot mode it shouldn’t matter. adb may be unauthorized in fastboot mode but if fastboot commands work that is.

my device is on oneplus 8 pro

Did you enable OEM unlocking already? fastboot should work easily all the time.

yes i already did unlock the OEM. can i still flash the custom rom on fastboot even though the adb devices is unothorized?

Sure, just try it, it should work. But I would use TWRP because it’s much easier.

1 Like

i have to download your twrp instead of using this stock recovery. thanks max!

1 Like

yeah stock recovery sucks!

This might sound like a stupid question, but you did actually unlock the bootloader with ADB and not just go into Developer options and turn on OEM unlock, correct?
I’ve come across situations where some think that just turning on the OEM unlock option actually unlocks the bootloader.

Older Samsung phones you just have to turn on oem unlock because bootloader technically not locked but everyone else will have to unlock bootloader. This issue here was caused from Android 11 as twrp isn’t compatible with Android 11.

1 Like

I thought he was having this issue on the OnePlus 8 Pro though, so he’ll need to actually unlock the bootloader with ADB.

1 Like

yes we already found the issue, he tried to flash twrp while being on android 11 beta.

1 Like

Still waiting TWRP version for Android 11. as for now i will use the stock bootloader.

1 Like